We have adjusted our cancellation policy in order to give you worry-free booking for the 2021/2022 winter season. We have created some new options if any of the following government-imposed restrictions make it impossible for you to visit us next winter:
- Canadian borders remain closed to non-essential travel from outside Canada
- The quarantine act is in place, mandating 14 days of isolation upon entry or exit
- Government-imposed travel restrictions that do not allow you to leave your country of residence
The options include:
- 100% credit for all deposits on account to a new trip for up to two years (subject to price increase), with no admin fee.
- If rescheduling is not possible for you, all payments will be refunded, less a $500 admin fee. Re-booking priority for the same trip dates would not be guaranteed in this case.
Once a booking is made at Snowwater, significant expenses and long-term commitments are incurred on your behalf. It is assumed that you have become familiar with and understand the policies below before booking your trip with us. By submitting a confirmation form, deposit, final payment, or waiver, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions below.
A 50% deposit is required in order to reserve your trip.
The final payment is due 90 days prior to your trip.
We will consider that you have cancelled your seat if we do not receive the balance payment 60 days before your trip start date. All monies on account will be forfeited at this point in time.
Our preferred form of payment is a cheque or bank wire for international guests, or an e-transfer from Canadians. We also accept VISA, MC, or cash.
RE-BOOKING ALUMNI POLICY
As a valued member of the Snowwater family, we offer you the option to re-book your current dates for the following season. You have 7 days from the time you leave to use the below deposit schedule. The final payment rules apply as per above.
A 25% deposit is needed to hold your dates.
The remainder of your 50% deposit is due June 1.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Having to cancel a dream trip is as much a disappointment as it is a surprise, so we always highly recommend that you purchase insurance to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances. Trip ‘cancellation insurance’ protects you before you get here, whereas trip ‘interruption insurance’ covers you during your trip.
If you need to cancel for reasons beyond the COVID restrictions listed above, you have various options available to you:
- If you purchased insurance, you can make a claim to recoup all money lost.
- Find a Replacement:
- You can find your own replacement and transfer your deposit to the new person. We will leave it to you and your substitute to compensate each other for all monies on account. Payments cannot be put towards someone else already signed up on ANY trip with us at any time.
- Your seat will not be considered cancelled or filled until we receive written notification of the seat transfer and confirmation from the new replacement.
- If we find a replacement for your seat, you will receive a 75% credit of whatever we sell the seat for, valid for up to two years.
- If you cancel more than 90 days before your trip start date:
- Receive a credit for the dollar value of all payments made valid for up to two years after the time of issue (subject to price increase).
- Find a replacement as per above. You will have two weeks to do this before we start looking for one.
- Receive a full refund less a 15% cancellation fee, with no signority for the same trip dates.
- If you cancel more than 14 days before your scheduled trip:
- Receive a 50% credit for the dollar value of all payments made valid for up to two years after the time of issue.
- Find a replacement as per above. You have 2 days to find a replacement before we start looking for one.
- Receive a 50% refund, with no priority on the same trip dates.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the trip start date:
- all money on account is forfeited, unless a replacement is found, as per below.
- Find a replacement as per above. We will look for one as soon as we learn about the cancellation.
- Trip dates cannot be rescheduled within 90 days of a trip start date.
- All credit card refunds are subject to a 5% fee.
- Refunds are given in Canadian dollars. No adjustments will be made to the refund to account for differences in the exchange rate between the time payment was made and the refund was issued.
- Snowwater does not provide credit value for any days or runs missed where clients cannot or do not want to ski or for any reason. If you miss days either from poor physical fitness, or other, you will not be compensated for the time missed.
- Snowwater does not provide ski credits for any unused portion of any trip (including meals and accommodation), resulting from late arrival, early departure, extra transportation costs, or for any other reason.
- Snowwater does not provide refunds or ski credits for half days missed for any reason.
- While we wish we could control the weather – we cannot. There is no guarantee on weather or snow conditions that you will encounter during your trip. Snowwater offers a back-up snowcat program when poor weather or hazardous conditions prevail. Snowwater does not provide ski credits if we are operating a limited heli program due to poor weather, or other.
- In the rare case that skiing must be cancelled due to a mechanical failure, Snowwater will provide a credit for the dollar value of the time missed, which may be applied to another trip valid for up to two seasons. If we are unable to operate due to extreme weather issues while guests are staying at the lodge, $750/day will be applied to any credit value for accommodation, food, transport and service while at the lodge.
- Snowwater reserves the right to cancel trips at any time. Under no circumstance is Snowwater responsible for the clients inconvenience or travel expenses.
Late transfers to the lodge are subject to a $250 fee per trip to the lodge (4 guests per trip). Late shuttles will only operate until 6:00pm. After this time you will need to stay in town and come up early in the morning before breakfast.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY